понедельник, 30 марта 2015 г.

The idea of this blog
is pretty muddy in general.




It is kind of created not for the growth of personal popularity in the Internet - five years ago I successfully deleted my profiles from all the social networking sites - Odnoklassniki and others. Some of the photo albums I've uploaded on Google+, some videos - on YouTube, and I did it as an experiment. The experiment showed, that social networking activity isn't so necessary to me - it takes time, you need to comment photos, because it is not always easy to understand what is it shown there on the photo. 


I achieved no increment from that kind of activity - neither mental nor material. I hardly ever watch photos taken at the time of travellings to different parts of the world, especially after their quantity exceeded 50 thousand. Maximum what I do - is deleting photos with obvious defects. Subject to the foregoing, it has been 5 years since I stopped taking a good camera with me, I shoot using an ordinary camera, my cell phone or just don't shoot at all.




But the trip to Everest is a special case. It's a long absence at home and at work, and my friends and relatives (maybe) will be interested in the progress of the expedition, and it will be difficult and expensive to write individual letters from the mountain to each of them, and how Сhinese internet will work remains to be seen. Taking all that into account the creation of such news resource for the period of the project is reasonable. So, the main purpose is a replacement of the standart means of communication (e-mail, Viber,  Skype, phone) for the people who are not indifferent to my destiny, especially considering the fact that there are a lot of scary stories about Everest - Green Boots, etc.


When creating a blog it is not quite normal to start it with the post "Arrived to Katmandu, everything is ok". You need to kind of introduce yourself, to tell who is here and what for. That is why there are these introductory posts, photos, comments.


Preparation started six months before the expedition. That time it was opened with the 75-kilometer bike ride on Zavolzhye. Friends of mountaineers and the guest from Denmark - Flemming Ethelfeld - took part in it.


There is one interesting peculiarity in ski running for a long distances (and the same is in bike riding). For example: it is planned to go for a distance of 42 km - it's a quite big exercise stress and a good training. While you are full of power - you count kilometers (or circles) left behind, they are easily passed - 10, 15, 20, 25, 30... After awhile your power comes to an end - it depends on many factors, but this always happens on the long distances. And after that it is a countdown - you count kilometers left until the finish - 7 km are left, 6, 5... Oooh... Damn, oooooooh...

The same is in life. Until the middle of it you count the years passed since the moment of your birth. Then you just don't like to celebrate you birthdays anymore, because you don't like the number of years. And then you begin counting the years - how many are left until the end of the distance - trying to save your power.


But you can try to push the middle of the distance closer to an end, and you can do it in ski running and bike riding as well as in life. Some people succeeded in that. In that case the biggest part of ones life is on the rise - and that is important, because a life on the rise is a completely different life! 

By the way, here is the husband of Irina Vidro - Vladimir - in 2007 he invited me to that Everest trekking from which it all started :)

Irina Vidro tought me to push the limit of the possible. It happened three or four seasons ago in the winter forest at the time of ski running. Until that time I've been already keen on ski running for many years - the benefit of living near the forest. It's not sport, it is more like physical training to feel good. An ordinary distance used to be 15-18 km and used to take a little more than hour: I used to be tired, very satisfied and I used to think that it was the limit of possibilities. After half an hour I used to be out of power, an the pleasure used to give way to sweat and hard work.

At the time of that short but memorable meeting (not long ago
Irina confessed that she doesn't even remember it) she told me, that it is possible to go on ski for a longer distances - for two or even three hours non-stop... It seemed incredible, but after I tried, I found out that I just need to make a little effort to keep running. Now I usually run on ski for the distance of 25-30 km, and I can even run for the longer distances. The secret was simple: for going on ski for the longer distances you just need to keep going on ski more - that's all. In general there are no secrets at all.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий